How I am finding A-Levels?

Hiya, It's been a hot minute since I've last posted a blog. To be honest I wasn't too sure what to post and what would be interesting but I've been thinking recently that I have so much going on in this head of mine that I'd love to share. Whether or not people want to read it is a different matter but I'll give it a go. I know it's been nearly a year since my first post so if you want to know what I've been up to since then let me know in the comments and I'll write a post about the past year I've had, only if you want it of course. But for this post I'm going to be telling you about how I've been finding the past 6/7 months of Sixth Form and my A Levels so I hope you enjoy :)

Friends and Subjects:
Let's start from the beginning. My first week at sixth form was actually quite chilled and relaxed, all I was worried about was where I was going to sit and if I was going to enjoy the curriculum for this year. Quickly my group of friends and around two other groups of friends merged together and began sitting together and we still all sit together 6/7 months down the line and probably all the way until the end of Year 13 if I'm honest. When I first started going to lessons, (My chosen subjects were History, Government and Politics and English Literature) I found that it was really easy to know which subjects you were going to enjoy more than others. So I loved and still do love learning in Government and Politics because to me it is pretty straightforward as I do have a passion for it. History, I enjoy parts of it and dislike some others but overall I do like going to the lessons and learning about the different parts of history. Whereas English Literature I quickly fell out of love with as I realised it really wasn't for me so around 2 months in I dropped English and swapped it for Sociology because I knew I would enjoy it. I was right, I love sociology even more than I did at GCSE so subject wise sixth form has been pretty great so far.

The Big Leap:
The common phrase you hear when moving from GCSE's to A Levels is that it is a really big jump but personally I disagree if you're willing to put in the work. Of course the content is going to be more but everybody knows that but overall I've never felt as though I've had too much work piling up on me that would cause a breakdown - but then again I am only half a year in. So I would recommend to everyone moving to sixth form or college this year to just be organised, work on your time management and just breathe because getting overly stressed doesn't help anyone. 

Social Time:
This will definitely vary from sixth form to sixth form and college to college but in my sixth form we have social events that we plan and the school help organise. So far there has been the Halloween Party and Christmas Party, I only attended the Halloween party and I really did enjoy it. I would recommend to everyone, even if you are a tad socially awkward, to take part in everything you can because I find you're more likely to regret not doing something than you are doing something. 

Lastly, My Mindset:
My mindset has changed so much since the summer, I used to believe that I really did need to be constantly in contact with my friends or at least someone to feel good about myself, which sounds weird actually saying it. But over the past few months I've learned how to properly take care of myself and rely less on others and more on my own abilities. I definitely agree that Sixth Form makes you more independent because if you aren't, you will struggle. So just break loose and have fun because it's only two years and they're already flying by...

Thank you so much for reading and I hope this has helped anyone that is worrying or just thinking about their next steps after GCSE's. Share this with those you think may need it and make sure to follow/subscribe to me to get notifications everytime I post a new blog which I hope will be very soon. Comment any ideas you'd like me to blog about because I love getting inspiration from others and I want to write what you want to hear to share your thoughts.

Until next time, Mon x

Comments

  1. I didn't find the jump from GCSE to A-level that hard either, but then I found beginning year 2 really difficult- I think just because I got overwhelmed with all the things we had to learn. Also, if you continue doing English lit you should download this app called quizlet, it literally saved my life for remembering quotes!! I don't have many a-level tips because I really do feel like everyone studies differently but quizlet I literally can't recommend high enough. Good luck with all your studies!!x
    constantlylibby.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quizlet is such a god send!! I used it a lot at GCSE and I use it for all my subjects now really and you're right, I couldn't recommend it enough either! Thank you so much!x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Thoughts, Berlin Trip!